Jeff's Blog

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

10th Mod, Grill Reduction





I have not butt dyno'd it yet.

Here is the intake modification concept.

Under the front of the hood of my car there are two gaskets. One is on the leading edge of the grill, and the other runs alone the top of the radiator cross member and over the intake snorkel.



So the air going into the snorkel has to go in through the grill, hit the radiator, and back up through the narrow gap between the radiator and the back of the grill.

What I decided to do was remove as much material as I could without destroying the grill.






I cut out the left 2 sections, the third one couldn't hurt, but I doubt it will help.
You can see in this picture what I have done.
The white tape represents the contact points for the gaskets. You will notice 2 large holes on the left, and a small gap on the right. The left hole looked like the right, stock so you can see I have openned up the gap by 200%-300%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home