Jeff's Blog

Monday, August 27, 2007

28th Mod, Air Box

A guy on KCSubaru.com was selling a stock intake.

I cut a HUGE hole in the front, and cut the snorkel off about 8" from the end.



Over all LOVE it. You can hear the BPV, and at low RPM you get a nice groul. Plus at higher RPM you get the WHOOOSS. NICE.


Totally free. I use a hole saw to cut the corners, and a box knife to cut between holes. I left out the seal that goes to the wheel well. I plan on pulling the resonator delete next time I get a chance..


I bet there is a name for this, like fuji mod or katsumi mod, but I have never seen this so I am calling it original..


I did the math, and my drop in filter is 63 Square inches and the K&N on the typhoon is 95 square inches. So the typhoon should move more air, but I did this for free, and in about 40 mins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home